Thursday, May 21, 2009

Act 2

In Act 2 Nora is in her house trying on her dress for the dance but it needs to be sewed up so Mrs. Linde is sewing it. Helmer has decided to fire Krogstad from the bank and he gave the maid a letter to give to Krogstad telling him that he is fired. Nora is begging Helmer not to fire Krogstad and telling him to get the letter back but it was to late. Dr. Rank walks in the door and Nora starts to flirt with him a little bit showing him her stockings and what not(skank azz trick). We soon learn that Dr. Rank is dying. Dr. Rank is Nora's best friend and he gets jealous of Mrs. Linde because he feels that she will take his place in the family. Krogstad comes back to harass Nora again exposing her of an idea she had of running away from her home to avoid paying up the rest of the dept. Krogstad is pressuring Nora to tell Helmer to let him back in the bank and Krogstad is planning to do something if he doesn't get his old job back or a better job. Yo this story is FIRE!!! lolz

Nora: In Act 2 we learn that Nora is trying to flirt with Dr. Rank just so she can get the rest of the money to pay the rest of her dept. She is not as helpless as we thought she was. she just seems that way because she always accepts the little pet names that Helmer calls her just so she can get her way with him.

Helmer: Helmer decided to fire Krogstad from the bank but Nora is unhappy with this decision. Helmer is always calling Nora little pet names that we as a class said were kind of demeaning and downgrading Nora as a person even though I still don't understand how he is downgrading her. Helmer thinks that Nora always needs him and he always wants to save her from something and be her hero (SUPER JERK)lolz. But I also don't agree with this either but that's just my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Malik,

    Before I grade this post with my "Platinum Blogger" rubric, I suggest that you analyze a character or characters. You simply gave us a summary of Act II.
    And I do agree, this play is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My man thanks for the comment lol, I mistakenly left out a part where I said I eventually told my girlfriend. Your post was a fun read compared to others because it was dead on and funny at the same time.

    ReplyDelete